Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wedding Magic

I love weddings. Love them. I planned countless 'dream days' in the 4 years I was engaged to my husband. Garden weddings, vintage weddings, old Hollywood weddings. No theme or color palette left unturned. The trill of the first married kiss, the party, the personality, the LOVE. All of it is quite an addiction for me. With all the wedding sparkle in my eyes, I thought wedding photography was something I was destined to do. Unfortunately when actually getting into being the primary shooter in my first few weddings there was pressure and stress I simply wasn't prepared for. Oh sure, I knew getting into it there would be stress, but I didn't think it would take the joy out of it for me, and it did. I missed the creativity and the magic that I felt, well, simply too busy with everything else to provide.
That is where this new 'season' for me begins. I want to capture the magic again. I want to be creative, and I want to give back, so for now, and by now I'm not giving a time frame, it could mean this month, this summer, this year, but for now I will be second shooting weddings for free. Yes, a second (or 3rd depending on what you are already getting from another photog) of eyes, a second camera, a second take on your day for free. Now don't get me wrong, while I would love to I simply don't have the time or the money to do this for everyone. In fact, I won't be doing it for most of the people that contact me about it, but I do want to do it, as much as I can. I want weddings that fit my style and my inspirations, brides who get me and what I'm about and where I want to be in my photography.
*I'm looking for outdoor weddings, for one thing. I'm most comfortable working with natural light and those are the types of weddings I want to shoot now and always.
*I'm looking for weddings out of the ordinary. Full of whimsy, DIY, personality. Full of magic.
*You must have a primary {and professional} photographer. I will not be providing the bulk of your wedding photographs and someone in the business must be getting paid as your photographer, and they also must be okay with me second shooting with them. Some may like the idea and it may take pressure off of them, some photographers already have other people working with them and wouldn't care for my presence. You must speak with them first! I don't want to agree to working with you then show up as a surprise to the photographer you have hired.
*I must be able to move around as I wish during the ceremony and reception to get the shots I'm looking for.
*I cannot promise you a specific amount of photos or a timeline in which you will get them. As they will be free I will give you the best photos I take and I will work on them as it fits in with the rest of my schedule.

If you are interested in my services, please email me {or comment} with the following information. The more information you give, the more likely you will to be chosen for free 2nd shooing services.

*What is your wedding date?
*Who is your primary photographer? What is their contact information? {FB is fine}
* How did you meet your fiancée'? What makes them special? What makes you special as a couple?
*What is your wedding theme {or color palette or inspirations}? This is going to be the main determining factor in what weddings I choose to work on. Send me photos of what you are dreaming of. Inspirations boards, colors, flowers. Tell me about your location, special things about your day, what makes it magical, why it's going to be different from everyone else's. Why it's a must have in my portfolio. Use this time to sparkle. To amaze me. {Don't forget to send me a photo of yourself and your hubby/wife to be!}

I look forward to hearing from you. I look forward to finding my love for weddings again through your beautiful days. I look forward to hearing about your special day and more importantly I look forward to being apart of it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment